Wednesday, 30 December 2009
This bag is becoming a true classic. It's been travelling all over the world. We designed it with short handles as a bag that could go as happily into a meeting as on a plane, but we weren't sure if it would be as popular as the bags with long handles. In fact it seems to have definitely found it's place. From Nivaldo de Lima.
Thursday, 24 December 2009
Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Monday, 21 December 2009
Last night we watched 'She's so lovely' directed by Nick Cassavetes. It's such a good film with amazing acting by Robin Wright Penn and Sean Penn. It made us think so much of the brilliant 'A woman under the influence', starring Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk, which was directed by John Cassavetes.
Sunday, 20 December 2009
This is such a great little documentary by Takayuki Akachi, following a girl travelling to over 50 countries in two years, wearing the same pair of jeans. See it here. Found on Nearness of Distance. Love the film, the idea and the jeans.
Thursday, 17 December 2009
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Saturday, 12 December 2009
Thursday, 10 December 2009
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
Sunday, 6 December 2009
The lovely If Jane has asked us to think of 7 things that we love. It's taken a while to decide which of the many things that we love to choose. We realized that the things that we choose don't have to be the things that we love the best, but just some things that we enjoy. So (in no particular order) here goes...
1. Sitting round the table with family and friends, sharing good food.
2. Going to our favourite market every Friday morning, never knowing what delights we're going to find.
3. Drifting off to sleep in a hammock on a sunny day.
4. Peter Beard's art.
5. Going for a picnic with our family to our special spot in Mallorca, with Nivaldo's delicious slow baked lamb, still warm with crusty bread.
6. The music of Gustavo Santaolalla, the films of Walter Salles.
7. We adore Brasil. The people, the music, the food...